Last week I noticed that my blog went under 100k of Alexa ranking and still decreasing (this means the rank is improving).
For those who still do not know what is, the Alexa Rank is a method of evaluating a site based on the traffic generated.
The only particular and important detail to mention is that this method of calculation involves only the users that have installed the Alexa toolbar in their browsers.
Now, visitors do not look at your stats, but at your content, so be sure to write always good articles for your readers.
But usually webmasters that visit your blog or even more important the advertisers always look at your stats, like PageRank, Alexa Rank and of course your traffic.
For istance, Text-Link-Ads decide based on these stats how much you should get paid for a link.
Like it or not, the Alexa rank is at the center of debate whether it is or not so important, but still remains a method (more or less valid) to evaluate your site.
How to Improve Your Alexa Rank
There are some tips that you can follow in order to improve your Alexa Rank, so be sure to read this article that explain you how.
But the main method that you should use is increasing the traffic of your site and the Alexa Rank will be improved accordingly.
There are a series of basic tips that you need to follow when you create a blog in order to get traffic.
There are also a lot of ways to market your blog online.
The basic and popular methods of get more traffic are :
- Article Marketing : in few words, write an unique and quality post and submit it to those directories that collect articles in different categories. You will receive a dofollow backlink from every submission when the link is accepted.
- Forum Marketing : look for forums related to your niche and then join one or more. Start building a good reputation, giving useful information about the topic you are expert about. Do not link to your blog within the posts, just place the URL within your signature.
- Guest Posting : find blogs related to your topic and see if they accept guest posts. Then contact the webmaster and submit your article. You may ask to receive back a link to your site.
- Blog Commenting : look for dofollow blogs that accept comments. Better if they have CommentLuv and KeywordLuv enabled, as the links and benefits you will receive are double.
- Submitting the URL to Directories : look for blog directories and submit your URL. Be sure to fit the categories and insert the correct description of your site.
- Link Bait : it is defined any content written to gain the attention of the visitors and encourage the readers to link back to your site. It must be a good article, so be sure to write quality posts, that your readers want to share around the web.
Additional Tips to Increase Alexa Ranking
Of course some niche work better for Alexa rank, as technology, blogging or SEO, because webmasters are usually inclined to have the Alexa toolbar installed, so if they visit your site, this will be counted.
I think that your rank could be increased also asking for reviews of your website.
What about a review of my site on Alexa ?
I suggest you also to join online communities of bloggers (see Bloggers.com, for istance), in order to share your favorites blogs (included yours) and talk about different topics : you may learn a lot in this way.
Note that this is not a way to exchange links, but to build online relationships and friendships, that are so important !
It seems that Alexa has lots of enthusiasts in Asia and I honestly do not know the reason. So a big part of them use the toolbar.
You may want to look for forums or websites about Asia and see if you can post your link commenting or participating to discussions. If you receive some visits from those links, then you will have a boost in your rank.
Writing your own post about “How to Increase the Alexa Rank” on your site, will definetely redirect visitors that are inclined to have the toolbar installed. More visits equal an increase of rank.
If you have the budget, advertising on webmaster, blogging or SEO forums will also help you.
Do you have any other suggestions on how to improve the Alexa Rank?