The online presence is very difficult to build, and every blogger wants traffic, more traffic.
Moreover, traffic is the currency of every blogger.
Here you find three new good ideas (at least, new to Me), to receive more traffic to your blog, that I recommend you to consult even if you are an expert blogger ( as you know, you never stop learning ….).
1 . Answer questions on Yahoo Answers
YahooAnswers allows users to ask questions and give answers : the best answer is chosen by multiple votes.
The purpose here is to answer questions including a link to your sites to gain traffic from Yahoo Answer.
You should proceed in this way :
- first find a category : search for the one that is relevant to you ;
- share your knowledge : do your best answering to the question you have choosen;
- include a link : in the context of your answer, which should give some helpful information to the reader, you may add a link back to your site to let find more details for those who are interested;
- be the first to answer : try to be the first one, so others will be added to the bottom of what you have written ;
- give the best answer : all this work is finalized to be the best answer. After a certain time, all the answers will be set for voting. If your answer is choosen to be the best one, then your content will be put at the top of all the answers.
This will surely help your blog/website to receive more traffic.
2 . Make and publish PDF Files
The PDF (Portable Document Format) was developed by Adobe Systems to create documents that retain the original formatting when printed or displayed on different platforms.
Today, PDF is used everywhere.
In addition, search engines can read PDF files perfectly :
thus, their content can be indexed and, if optimized with SEO techniques, they get high rankings in the SERPs for searches.
Here you find few advices to optimize your PDF files ( that may be similar to SEO tips applied to the normal content of your blog ):
- include your keywords in the PDF title : separate the words of the title with dashes, avoids leaving spaces between words. Consider that this will be the final part of the URL of the PDF ;
- do it light : Google and other search engines do not like PDF files too heavy and this may affects your positioning in the SERPs ;
- optimize the PDF text like any other web content. So, for example, enter the keyword in the first lines of the document and not repeat them too much, to avoid keyword spamming ;
- use heading styles for headings and subheadings : Google and other search engines recognize them as tags H1, H2, etc ;
- publish the PDF document directly in your blog/website instead of hiding in a folder below ;
- include in the PDF a link to your website. It is a rule of usability, but someone even said that the links of this kind count as backlinks for search engines (when you publish the PDF in other sites) ;
- optimize the links : even for PDF documents, you need to optimize the links, they must contain your keywords in the anchor text ;
- do not create PDF versions that are too old, because it may changes the text in pixels, which are not indexed by search engines.
You can use Free PDF converters like OpenOffice.
Finally (also in order to build backlinks) you can submit your PDF files to document sharing sites, with high PageRank like :
- Scribd (PageRank Eight) ;
MegaUpload(PageRank 7) – (update 20-01-2012-site closed by FBI);
- DocStoc (PageRank 6);
- HotFile (PageRank 5);
- PDFCast (PageRank 4).
3 . Turn your blog post into a Podcast
Use sites like Odiogo to turn your blog post into a podcast : this will allow your readers to listen your content, even on iTunes (also using iPods or iPhone).
These podcast files with your blog content will be read by an artificially generated voice (this is called text-to-speech technology ) : the quality may vary, depending on your writing style.
You have to start giving a valid RSS feed and after this you will be provided with a feed ID for your audio feed.
You can find also a widget, that will let add in your blog a “Listen to post button”.
With Odiogo you give your visitors a different way to consume your content.
Do you have any new ways to bring traffic that you want suggest ?